The PDC 30 Health & Welfare Plan provides access to routine health care and options for care when unexpected events threaten a member's health (If you are a member, log in to see a more-detailed description of the benefits offered by the Plan by clicking on "My Union" at the top, right corner of the page).
Here are some highlights:
- In-Network benefits: if treated by physicians and facilities of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Illinois Preferred Provider Organization or its National Network (In-network providers), members pay only 10% of their eligible medical expenses and what they pay is considered in determining their Annual Out-of-Pocket Maximum. Once they have reached your Annual Out-of-Pocket Maximum, the Plan generally pays 100% of eligible medical expenses.
- Out-of-Network benefits: if treated by Out-of-Network providers, members pay 15% of reasonable and customary charges.
- Prescription drug coverage: members enjoy prescription drug coverage. Rx's are covered after a $5 or $10 co-payment (for maintenance drugs through the mail, there is no charge for a 90-day supply of generic prescriptions; $10 for brand name prescriptions).
- Dental care benefits: members have dental care benefits for routine and more complex dental services, including orthodontia, to promote good health.
- Vision care benefits: members have vision care benefits to cover the costs of an eye exam and correction.
- Supplemental benefits: members may be reimbursed for eligible out-of-pocket expenses, such as for dental, orthodontia, and vision care expenses that exceed the Plan’s benefit maximums.
- Retiree Medical Benefits: members who retire may, if eligible, receive Retiree Medical Benefits. Once eligible for Medicare, eligible members can elect to retain coverage and the Plan becomes a secondary plan.
Ask the Benefits Office a question.